Warning MCU Misatch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning MCU Misatch

ramstell
Contributor III

I'm using KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.2 with a TWR-K64F120M development board.

When I debug a project I get the following warning:

Warning 17927. Target MCU mismatch. Download performance limited. See http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/pe_tools.cfm for information on debugging external processors.

When I created the project I selected the correct board, so why is there a MCU mismatch?

The target interface has been updated with the latest MSD-DEBUG-TWR-K64F120_Pemicro_v114.SDA file.

Kind regards

Roger

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Roger,

Once you update DEBUG OpenSDA application with DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin you do not have to change it back. Our run control layer will associate a newly re-programmed device ID with this version of OpenSDA application, hence allowing you to avoid an MCU ID mismatch use case. You can switch back to MSD-DEBUG-TWR-K64F120_Pemicro_v114.SDA firmware to take advantage of MSD (mass storage device) functionality. However, that will re-introduce an MCU ID mismatch to your run control operation.

Best Regards,

Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Zahar

After I update to DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin I understand the mass storage device will not be available, but is it still available when you hold the reset button while powering the board to program back the firmware?

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos

zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Roger,

Sorry for delayed response. MCU ID mismatch is a non fatal error that occurs when a target onboard processor does not match the original processor that the board was populated with during manufacturing. This mismatch will slow down the run control performance, but will still allow you to debug/program FLASH of your MCU. To the best of my knowledge there was a batch of K64 boards that were reworked.

If you would like to work around this issue, we have a universal DEBUG OpenSDA application that is compatible with all existing Freescale OpenSDA boards, running either P&E or MBED based Bootloaders. You can download it from www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA. The name of the app is DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin. Once you update your OpenSDA board with this application, it will re-dead unique IDs from your current target MCU and reprogram them into OpenSDA board, hence allowing you to forgo existing mismatch.

Best Regards,

Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Zahar

Thank you for the information.

After I have downloaded DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin to correct the the mismatch, do I then need to re-program using MSD-DEBUG-TWR-K64F120_Pemicro_v114.SDA?

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

the P&E OpenSDA on the K20 on your K64F Tower board is checking the CPU ID of the target processor. So either this is a wrong message from P&E, or have you changed the K64F device on the board?

Erich

0 Kudos

ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Erich

No I have not changed the processor.

Hopefully just an incorrect error message then!

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

I remember that for the FRDM-K64F board that message came up too (was a wrong message), and that P&E had fixed that later with a new firmware (around mid last year). I'l contact them so they could verify this (I do not have a TWR-K64F board myself).

Erich

0 Kudos

ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Erich

Thank you.

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos

ramstell
Contributor III

Hi Erich

Did you get an answer from P&E?

Kind regards

Roger

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roger,

unfortunately not. I have pinged them again right now.

Erich

0 Kudos