cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Xtrinsic FXLS8471CQ Transient-Acceleration Function

honlunlai
Contributor I

Hi,

I would want to use the Transient-Acceleration Function (refer to AN4693). In the example 1. python code snippet (P.4) shown that initial reference set to 0g for all axes to address 0x79, 0x7A, 0x7B and 0x7C. 

1.jpg

• Which address is setting to the which axes? What is the remaining address setting for if 4 address is setting to 3-axes?

2.png

• According to the data sheet Register Map (P.27) 0x79-0xFF is reserved, do not modify, Is it reserved for Transient-Acceleration Function?

Thanks

HL Lai

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi HL,

Please ignore this part of the example code, these four registers (0x79 – 0x7C) are indeed marked as Reserved and should not be changed. All four writes to the registers 0x79 – 0x7C will be removed from the AN4693 and its updated version will be available on the web soon.

Please let me know if you have any other problems using the transient detection function.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos

honlunlai
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

If these four register (0x79 - 0x7C) are reserved. How and What should I set the A_TRAN_INIT_MSB if I want to use the Transient-Acceleration Function?

Thanks,

HL Lai

0 Kudos