cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the Parity bit of UART  - k22fn512

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello ,

my question is no matter how to configure the "Parity " bit on PC terminal , why received character is right ? on the MCU  part , the parity is "none" .

And i have also test on K60 and K70, use the same PC terminal , the result is different : when i configure the Parity bit to "Odd" on PC termianal (the muc part still NONE),

when i send "hello world " from mcu , the character  will like this :

31248_31248.pngpastedImage_0.png

so i think on K22 chip , this have some strange , any suggestion will be appreciate !

The attachment is the test project on frdm-k22 and twr-k60d100.   KDS3.0 . without KSDK.

Thank!

Original Attachment has been moved to: k22_uart.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: k60_uart.zip

0 Kudos
6 Replies

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

First of all, please make only one thread for issue (About the Parity bit of UART - k22fn512​). As you saw in the other thread I ran both projects. In both projects I sent the string "A" (0x41 0x00) without parity and I found that both MCUs send the same serial signal so I think that this is not a problem in the MCU.

FRDM-K22F

34067_34067.jpgk22.jpg

TWR-K60D100M

34068_34068.jpgk60.jpg

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello ,

Yes, without Parity, both mcu can send character normally.

While , when set the Parity to Even or Odd  on k22, while the PC part set None parity, on the pc , it still can receive right character.

I think it should be like the k60 mcu , when set Even , the PC set None parity , it can not receive the right character.

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

It depends on how the reception UART manages the parity bit. It is not a Freescale issue.

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you Earl, that's test is what I will do.

For the both boards with the same UART signal output, there should not be the issue with the chips. Thanks again.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I also did the same test with FRDM-K22F and TWR-K60D100M board.

The K22 chip output data could be receive by serial terminal with or without parity setting, while K60 could not.

I think K60 behavior is expected, I think why serial terminal software could receive K22 sent data normally.

I will back to you when there with any reasonable feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello Ma Hui,

Have you get the answer  about why k22 can receive data normally ?

Thank !

0 Kudos