Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX6S PUE/PKE setting

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I would like to ask about the electrical specification of the pads of i.MX6.

What my customer wants to know is;

Does the electrical specification change at the moment which PUE or PKE bit is re-written with the same values as written already?

Does it make sense?

In my customer’s lab, they found their software re-write some PUE/PKE settings on the DDR related pins with the same value after the setting is done already. And their product has been already shipped into market.

Properly speaking, the setting of second time should not be done because the second time is executed during the software is running with DDR memory.

Though the second setting is to re-write with the same value, they need to know if the writing to the register itself can impact the electrical specification at the moment of writing register.

If it can impact, they consider the firmware update because the change of electrical specification can occur during DDR access.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AVNET JAPAN FAE

when PUE or PKE bit is re-written with the same values as previously written,

nothing happens, electrical specifications do not change.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi AVNET JAPAN FAE

when PUE or PKE bit is re-written with the same values as previously written,

nothing happens, electrical specifications do not change.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your answer.

As for the other bit field than PKE/PUE bit fields in PAD control registers(IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_DRAM_xxx) and in PAD group control registers(IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_GRP_xxx), can I understand as the same?

I mean nothing happens in the viewpoint of electrical specification when same values are written.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

yes, nothing happens in the viewpoint of electrical specification when same values are written

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos