How to share buffer above  8  KB between HC12X and XGATE (XEP100)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share buffer above  8  KB between HC12X and XGATE (XEP100)?

Jump to solution
大哥张
Contributor I

hello,

I prepare share 12KB buffer between HC12X and XGATE, but nopaged RAM is 8KB .

How to do ?

afu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Global RAM 0xF_8000'G..0xF_FFFF'G  maps in XGATE address space to 0x8000..0xFFFF. So you need to edit prm to create contiguous RAM segment there and just use it.

See demo attached. prm file defines contiguous 12k RAM segment at 0xF0000'G and suppresses corresponding 3x4k R-page segments. GLO_RAM placement points to this 12k segment.

See buf12k[] declared in xgate.h, defined in main.c. Function in main.c fills buf12k[], function in xgate.cxgate inverts all bits in buf12k[].

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Global RAM 0xF_8000'G..0xF_FFFF'G  maps in XGATE address space to 0x8000..0xFFFF. So you need to edit prm to create contiguous RAM segment there and just use it.

See demo attached. prm file defines contiguous 12k RAM segment at 0xF0000'G and suppresses corresponding 3x4k R-page segments. GLO_RAM placement points to this 12k segment.

See buf12k[] declared in xgate.h, defined in main.c. Function in main.c fills buf12k[], function in xgate.cxgate inverts all bits in buf12k[].

0 Kudos
大哥张
Contributor I

Thank you very much !

I have found the solution. In the course of creating the project selects the option " Map in RAM ", I will get 16k contiguous  RAM segment.

0 Kudos