Client Setup for Floating License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Setup for Floating License

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

I have successfully done the setting up of server running floating license (we procured).
But I am not able to complete the setting up of client.
I am referring to both the methods as given in Freescale document for floating License.
Pls help me out with a step by step procedure for client.
We have to urgently rig up the client-server network for codewarrior.
Kindly support.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hammad Nayeem,

Please refer to page 16 of the attached step by step guide.

On the client side, in the license.dat file, you need to replace "this host" with the IP of the Server, then put it in CodeWarrior installation path.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hammadnayeem
Contributor II

Do I need to make any IP settings on client side so that it should connect to server ?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hammad Nayeem,

Please make sure the server is accessible from client side, and specify the server IP in the license file of client.

In addition, you also could follow this guide to  configure Flexlm license Manager on the server.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos