AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hello , I am Aditya S and in my application I use MPR121 interfaced with PIC via i2c . The MPR121 is further interfaced with touchboard to take touch input and give led output .I have observed that the touch board hangs in the middle ( led states remain s

Question asked by ADITYA SURIPEDDI on May 22, 2015
Latest reply on May 27, 2015 by Jose Alberto Reyes Morales

Hello ,

I am Aditya S and in my application I use MPR121 interfaced with PIC via i2c . The MPR121 is further interfaced with touchboard to take touch input and give led output .I have observed that the touch board hangs in the middle ( led states remain same and touch is non responsive ) and when watch dog timer reset occurs in the PIC the leds driven by MPR121 on touch board are NOT turning off . I would like to know if the MPR121 might have hanged .

Rough schematic :-

..............................                ................................                      ...................................

|                              | <.... 1 >   |                               |   <...3>         |                                  |

touch plate                                  mpr121                                             PIC

|                              |  <.....2>   |                               |   <...4>         |                                  |

..............................                .................................                       ....................................

1. Touch input from touch plate to mpr121

2. GPIO leds on touch plate to indicate on / off

3. I2C lines b/w PIC and mpr121

4. Used to raise hardware interrupt upon touch on PIC by mpr121

Regards ,

Aditya S

Outcomes