PE Component: What does "Legacy" in "Legacy User Components" really indicate?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Component: What does "Legacy" in "Legacy User Components" really indicate?

Jump to solution
ocmonte
Contributor III

Hi,

The new KDS 3.0 is finally ready for primetime - *thank you*. C++ out of the box without modification is a huge plus!

I do have a question on the PE Component library. The "Legacy" section - should I be using those? I'm interested in using the FSL_USB stack. Are these components being phased out? I've used it for CDC and it seems to work well in three other project using the older CW tools.

Cheers,

Monte---

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ocmonte
Contributor III

I think I figured it out:

KDS was installed on a machine that currently had some "imported components" on it. Since it did, it named the category "Legacy User Components". I installed KDS on a clean machine and noted that the components I was interested in were not shown or installed. Then I remembered that the other machine had previous installations with imported components. Nothing to worry to about at the moment. These components seem to be functional.

Cheers,

Monte--

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ocmonte
Contributor III

I think I figured it out:

KDS was installed on a machine that currently had some "imported components" on it. Since it did, it named the category "Legacy User Components". I installed KDS on a clean machine and noted that the components I was interested in were not shown or installed. Then I remembered that the other machine had previous installations with imported components. Nothing to worry to about at the moment. These components seem to be functional.

Cheers,

Monte--

0 Kudos