Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQXCFG_ENABLE_FP

Jump to solution
adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm using Processor Expert in KDS 3.0 with KSDK 1.2 and MQX. I want to set options such as the MQX_INCLUDE_FLOATING_POINT_IO but where is the recommended place to change these options?

I could just change it in PROJECT/SDK/rtos/mqx/config/common/mqx_cnfg.h but I'm not sure if that is correct?

I also found that to get the console to support floating point numbers I have to define STD_FP_IO 1 in std_prv.h. Is that official or have I made use of something that may not be supported in the future?

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_rezler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrian,

for MQX configuration symbols definition is possible to use "User setting definitions" property which is placed in MQX_KSDK component:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

Content of "User setting definitions" property is generated to "mqx_sdk_config.h" file (before include *.h file with MQX Lite/Standard configuration).

Best regards,

Jiri Rezler.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
adyr
Contributor V

Thanks for the information. Component User settings sounds good. I tried that with KSDK 1.1 but the settings were written after the includes so good to see that has been changed now.

Any idea about the STD_FP_IO define in std_prv.h?

As it has no checks for already being defined I have to modify it in the std_prv.h file or I get compiler errors. If I don't set it to 1, output to the console that contains floats is never sent.

It seems strange that this is configured in what appears to be a private file and does not use the global MQX_INCLUDE_FLOATING_POINT_IO. In fact MQX_INCLUDE_FLOATING_POINT_IO doesn't appear to be used anywhere in the code generated by PEx!

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
jiri_rezler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrian,

for MQX configuration symbols definition is possible to use "User setting definitions" property which is placed in MQX_KSDK component:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

Content of "User setting definitions" property is generated to "mqx_sdk_config.h" file (before include *.h file with MQX Lite/Standard configuration).

Best regards,

Jiri Rezler.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

I'd vote to have it in the user_config.h header.

Ex:

#ifndef __user_config_h__

#define __user_config_h__

/* Define user specific modifications of default configuration*/

#define BSPCFG_HAS_SRAM_POOL                     1

#define MQX_INCLUDE_FLOATING_POINT_IO 1 //DES test

/* include platform-specific configuration */

#include "mqx_cnfg.h"

#endif /* __user_config_h__ */

Regards,

David