WTBDM problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTBDM problem

elettronicarewo
Contributor I

Hi! I've an old WTBDMS08, JB16(28-PIN based); I need to flash an hcs12, so i've tried to update fw. I installed USBDM 4.11.1.20, and run firmware update. but the application dosen't recognized my tool and said (USB unknown error). so i flashed  JB16 with the WTBDM_JB16.s19 (found in FlashImages folder); Windows don't recognized the Hw, it said "Unkown device", and when i tried to install driver it don't acept it. Anyone can help me to solve my problem? (I use Win7 32-bit, codewarrior 6.3)

0 Kudos
5 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

I'm sorry but due to problems with the JB16 chip in later versions of Windows (WIN-XP SP3 onwards) it is no longer supported by USBDM.

In particular it is is not possible to use the ICP function (at least not an any machine I've tried).

I will have a look at the firmware you mentioned and see if I can see an workable solution.

bye

PS - How did you update the firmware?

0 Kudos

elettronicarewo
Contributor I

I've flashed JB16 with softech indart for hc08; for now i've found the old fw so my device work again but only with hcs08; there is a way to make it work with hcs12?

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

I tried the latest version of USBDM (V4.11.1.4) with a Witztronics JB16 BDM and it seems to work OK with a HCS12 device.

I used the firmware included (V4.10.2) with that release.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I had to do the firmware update on a Linux machine.

bye

0 Kudos

elettronicarewo
Contributor I

i'm late, sorry; i'll try soon under linux. tanks for help. i'l try and report.

0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV

Since that is an older, unsupported product, we'd be glad to offer you a discount on a new WTBDMJS16.

contact us at our website:

http://www.witztronics.com

Regards,

Witztronics

www.witztronics.com

0 Kudos