Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK option not available in "new project wizard" on KDS  3.0.0

Jump to solution
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Hello,

Well I was following the tutorial from (Writing my first KSDK1.2 Application in KDS3.0 - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt ) on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine. Everything gone well, until I hit the "new project wizard". At the third "next" (I could name the project and select the board properly) I was not able to select the KSDK option in the combobox, as you can see in the picture below:

29058_29058.pngfreescale_kinetis_project.png

Is this normal? I suppose that is causing some misconfiguration in the new project, because I was not able to build it!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Hey community! Thanks to your feedback I solved the issue, following further steps:

1) Removed all eclipse installations from my Ubuntu;

2) Uninstalled KDS (sudo aptitude purge kinetis-design-studio);

3) Removed $HOME/.eclipse directory

4) Removed KSDK1.2 (I've installed it on /opt/Freescale/)

5) Removed the directory /opt/Freescale

6) Re-Installed kinetis-design-studio (sudo dpkg -i kinetis-design-studio-3.0.0-amd64.deb)

7) After installation, changed the directory owner to me (a.k.a. ronaldo) (sudo chown -R ronaldo:ronaldo /opt/Freescale)

8) Opened KDS and updated it (Help->Check for Updates->next next finish)

9) After update, closed KDS and extracted KSDK to /opt/Freescale

10) Added KSDK Updater to KDS (Help->Install new software...)

After those 10 steps all worked as expected!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Hey community! Thanks to your feedback I solved the issue, following further steps:

1) Removed all eclipse installations from my Ubuntu;

2) Uninstalled KDS (sudo aptitude purge kinetis-design-studio);

3) Removed $HOME/.eclipse directory

4) Removed KSDK1.2 (I've installed it on /opt/Freescale/)

5) Removed the directory /opt/Freescale

6) Re-Installed kinetis-design-studio (sudo dpkg -i kinetis-design-studio-3.0.0-amd64.deb)

7) After installation, changed the directory owner to me (a.k.a. ronaldo) (sudo chown -R ronaldo:ronaldo /opt/Freescale)

8) Opened KDS and updated it (Help->Check for Updates->next next finish)

9) After update, closed KDS and extracted KSDK to /opt/Freescale

10) Added KSDK Updater to KDS (Help->Install new software...)

After those 10 steps all worked as expected!

Thank you!

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Great, glad you got it working!  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Hi guys, sorry but I was travelling..

I'm using a supported board, the FRDM-K22F.

Well I think the problem is that I have another instance of Eclipse(Luna) installed in my computer, that I use for java and python based software development. I guess the issue is related to that, because the my eclipse is not working correctly, and I'm not able to solve the problems there.

Tomorrow, I'll try to install in another Linux pc that I have here, which don't have any IDE installed. I'll report if I face some issue there too.

Thank you for help and support! You are great! :smileygrin:

ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Alice and Dave, yes I've installed the KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update. I also try to re-installed again, but I got no sucess.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ronaldo Nunez

The KSDK 1.2 just conclude part chips of kinetis , so please tell me you use which chip .

And you also can refer the the KSDK1.2 release not to check whether it support your chip.

BR

Alice

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Oh yeah that's a great point.  :smileyhappy:  I was using the K64F for my test, but Ronaldo is probably just using an unsupported processor.

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi ronaldonunez​, sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem on both Ubuntu 10.04 and 14.04.  I installed KDS 3.0 from the installer provided on FSL's website, then ungzipped and untarred KSDK 1.2 to /opt/Freescale.  I then ran KDS as sudo and installed the 1.2.0-GA update.  After restarting, I created a new project and had the KSDK 1.2 option available.  I think FSL will need to give you more in-depth assistance with this one.

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Just out of curiosity, after installing the Eclipse Update, did you restart KDS and then see this dialog process a long list of processors?

pastedImage_1.png

I get the KSDK option just fine:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

@Alice_Yang, FSL community support:

I'm trying to reproduce what Ronaldo has reported.  I have KDS 3.0 installed on Ubuntu 10.04.  I also have extracted KSDK 1.2 to /opt/Freescale.  When I try to install the archive via Help -> Install New Software -> Archive, I get this error

pastedImage_0.png

Can you please help me resolve this error?

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Never mind, I figured out my dumb mistake.  :smileywink:

sudo make me a sandwich 300x249

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Ronaldo, I just tested KDS 3 and KSDK 1.2 on a brand new virtual machine (Windows 7), and I could not reproduce what you are seeing.  I have a Ubuntu 10.04 VM already and will try to install KDS/KSDK there.

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Ronaldo, to expand upon what Alice is saying, you just need to go here:

pastedImage_1.png

Then click Add -> Archive -> go to the eclipse_update path shown below and install the zip file

pastedImage_2.png

Then click OK and continue to install the update.  After that you should be okay.

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ronaldo,

Have you do this step :

process.png

And you use which chip ?

BR

Alice