cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG connection problem

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

We are using K60N512VMD100 controller with PE Micro universal JTAG port .But the problem is that i am not able to program the board....

and The reset pin of JTAG voltage drops to 1.3V when we connect jtag pin of the controller(74 th pin)........................actually we pull up reset pin with 330 ohm with led....the led normally off  in tower board when reset press it goes On........But here because the led bright with less bright and voltage reset pin 1.3 v ........the DVCC is 3.3 v

i dont know why there only 1.3v........actually there must me 3.3V.......

the i remove led and use simple pull up circuit there the same problem the voltage at there is 1.3v...............................i cant program the board....please help me

The error message is

P&E GDB Server, Version 5.13.02.00

Copyright 2014, P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc, All rights reserved

Loading library \\CDAC-00B821E335\H\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_1.1.7.201410171532\win32\gdi\unit_ngs_arm_internal.dll ... Done.

Command line arguments: -device=K60FX512 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -port=USB1 -USE_CYCLONEPRO_RELAYS=0 -FORCE_MASS_ERASE=0

Device selected is k60fx512

User Specified Hardware Selection : Interface=USBMULTILINK and Port=USB1

Connecting to target.

P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 9.33

Can not enter background mode  .

Unable to initialize PEDebug.

PE-ERROR: Failed to Initialize Target

Server running on 127.0.0.1:7224

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1

PE-ERROR: Target is not connected

Disconnected from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1

Target Disconnected.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

anjum
Contributor II

Iam having the same problem and when i checked PTA4 pin its low.How to make PTA4 high  and download the code.Please help

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lijo,

First of all, customer need to check the K60 JTAG interface design.

Customer could find K60 JTAG interface refer at chapter 2.1.5.3 of <<Kinetis Peripheral Module Quick Reference>>.

Customer also need to check PTA4 pin voltage level when K60 power up.

The PTA4 pin default function is /EZP_CS_b, when this pin is low voltage will make K60 enter EzPort mode, can't enter debug mode.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

sorry for late reply the problem still remains. EZP_CS pin is low and also reset pin voltage .79 voltage. so we use 10ohm resistor with a 47uF cap. at reset.After that the voltage at reset and EZP_Cs  goes high .But the problem not solved yet.we are not able to program the K60NF512 board.sir please reply its urgent

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lijo,

I mentioned you also upload your issue at below thread:

K10 processor reset pin always low

We had observed some customer with solder issue, the peak temperature of solder temperature exceed the datasheet required and cause the chip broken. So, please to check the solder processing.

If customer has the J-Link tool, customer can press K60 reset button and then using J-Link connect the K60 board (release the K60 reset button now) and check if it work or not.

Please let me know if  you still have the debug issue.

best regards,

Ma Hui

0 Kudos