Why this kind of error does happen in the case of using Software for P4080 B(Rev.2) with C(Rev.3) version CPU ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why this kind of error does happen in the case of using Software for P4080 B(Rev.2) with C(Rev.3) version CPU ?

sunghyukchoi
Contributor II

Hi!

Thank you for your attentions.

We developed Software for P4080 B type(= Rev.2).

But, without Software change, we replaced the B type CPU with C type P4080(=Rev.3)

And, then we met some errors, for example, function fail of sysusdelay() which is a fucntion of sysLib.c.

I recently read the AN4584 and "P4080 Rev.N errata", so I understand there are some differences between B type and C type of P4080.

And, I corrected some c code and tested repeatedly.

But, still now, what was the main cause for the sysusdelay() function fail.

Are there any one who experienced this kind of trouble due to CPU type changes?

If so, please give me some technical advises

Thank you.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sunghyuk Choi,

Are you using SDK version only support P4080 Rev 2.0, not containing support for P4080 Rev 3.0?

Regards

Lunmin

sunghyukchoi
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I think my SDK supports P4080 Rev 3.0.

My SDK is VxWorks 6.9.3.3

I want to know wether R.C.W should be changed for each Revision of P4080.

Regards,

Choi.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sunghyuk Choi,

It seems there is not obvious RCW change due to silicon update.

You could use the QCS tool in CodeWarrior to have a check of RCW for Rev 3.0. To use it you need to install the QCVS tool into your CodeWarrior if you have not yet:

CodeWarriorNetworked Applications : QCVS|Freescale

Please create a QorIQ Configuration Project, follow the wizard steps and choose a silicon revision 3.0 for P4080.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------