How to install KSDK v.1.2.0 mainline on Linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install KSDK v.1.2.0 mainline on Linux?

Jump to solution
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Hello!

I would like to know how to install KSDK 1.2.0 on Linux machines. I've downloaded it from KSDK website, and unziped it (using gunzip app). Instead of a directory full of code, I got a giant XML-like file.

Any help?

Cheers,

Ronaldo

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For the Kinetis SDK on Linux: There is a 2 step process in extracting the files before you can read the readme.

The first extraction is the .gz -> tar. The gz is a compacted file 623MB, and the tar file is not compressed and is 2.6G. One then needs to extract the files from the tar. Then you can can read the docs.

I hope this helps.

Erich

FYI: I have submitted a change request to have this improved for the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dsueiro
Contributor II

Just to add extra info this.

After extracting the "Kinetis SDK 1.2.0 Mainline - Linux.gz" (623MB) file you will get the "Kinetis SDK 1.2.0 Mainline - Linux" (2.6GB) file.

Then extract it with the command: "tar -xvf Kinetis\ SDK\ 1.2.0\ Mainline\ -\ Linux"

0 Kudos
dsueiro
Contributor II

Now I'm facing with a problem.

When I Try to install "KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update.zip" On Kinetis Design Studio I'm getting this message:

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

No repository found containing: binary,com.somniumtech.kds.executable.gtk.linux.x86_64,3.0.0"

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 64bits.

0 Kudos
adamcrha
Contributor I

I had the same problem. Run Kinetis Design Studio as root:

sudo /opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/eclipse/kinetis-design-studio

then install update.

dsueiro
Contributor II

Thanks,

It worked.

0 Kudos
ronaldonunez
Contributor II

Thanks Erich and David! Your answers solved the question.

Regards,

Ronaldo

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For the Kinetis SDK on Linux: There is a 2 step process in extracting the files before you can read the readme.

The first extraction is the .gz -> tar. The gz is a compacted file 623MB, and the tar file is not compressed and is 2.6G. One then needs to extract the files from the tar. Then you can can read the docs.

I hope this helps.

Erich

FYI: I have submitted a change request to have this improved for the future.

0 Kudos
overdamped
Contributor II

I'm hoping the change request includes changing the suffix of the download from .gz to .tgz or .tar.gz?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ronaldo,

Please look at the last two posts at very bottom on the web page:

New Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 available

File needs to be renamed with .deb extension then "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" to install.

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos