cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio, Video, and Wireless Development Board

amassa
Contributor II

Hi,

We are developing a product that records and transmits audio, video, and location tracking information to a remote unit. We are looking for a development board that contains a camera (or at least camera input), audio input, storage medium (for recording the captured audio/video and other data), and wireless interface for transmitting the collected data. Ideally the board we are looking for would include these components or have been integrated with them to allow for rapid prototype development. The board also needs to interface to a storage medium (SD card), GPS, IMU, and other sensors.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a board that meets these criteria?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony,

You could take a look at the SABRE Platform for i.MX6 family, which has two camera interfaces (and you could also order the cameras), multiple SD card slots, audio input and output, an optional GPS module/antenna, and there are some Wi-Fi SDIO modules for wireless connectivity:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREPLAT

There are other third-party low cost boards based on the i.MX6 families, like SABRE Lite, RiOTboard, Udoo and others. You could refer to the “Evaluation/Development Boards and Systems” menu of the “Software & Tools” tab of the i.MX6 Product Summary Page at the following link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos