Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader delay - DSP56F807EVM

Jump to solution
Txurfer
Contributor I
Hi all,
I´m programming a DSP56f807EVM with CW for 56800 r8.0 and I want to change  Bootloader Delay time Dinamically. Could someone help me on this topic? I´m trying in several ways but It doesn´t work.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
David

Add p/n to subject.

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2007-11-28 06:29 AM
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
william_jiang
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
The linker command file should be changed.  Below is the command lines required to support bootloader:
        .ApplicationCode :
        {
              F_Pcode_start_addr = .;

#Serial bootloader configuration section
              WRITEH(0xE9C8);          # H/W RESET vector: JSR 0x0086 instruction opcode. Application code starts at the address
              WRITEH(0x0086);          # 0x0080 when serial bootloader support is enabled. JSR insctruction have
                                       # to be placed at address 0x0080.
              WRITEH(0xE9C8);          # COP RESET vector: JSR 0x0086 instruction opcode. Application code starts at the address
              WRITEH(0x0086);          # 0x0080 when serial bootloader support is enabled. JSR insctruction have
              WRITEH(0);               # Dummy word
              #Bootloader start delay in seconds
              # In this case, it is 5s
              WRITEH(0xfe00+5);         # Bootloader start delay config word at address 0x0085. Possible values 0-255.

# .text sections
              OBJECT (F_EntryPoint, Cpu.c) # The function _EntryPoint have to be placed at the beginning of the code
                                       # section for proper functionality of the serial bootloader.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
william_jiang
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
The linker command file should be changed.  Below is the command lines required to support bootloader:
        .ApplicationCode :
        {
              F_Pcode_start_addr = .;

#Serial bootloader configuration section
              WRITEH(0xE9C8);          # H/W RESET vector: JSR 0x0086 instruction opcode. Application code starts at the address
              WRITEH(0xE9C8);          # COP RESET vector: JSR 0x0086 instruction opcode. Application code starts at the address
              WRITEH(0);               # Dummy word
              #Bootloader start delay in seconds
              # In this case, it is 5s
              WRITEH(0xfe00+5);         # Bootloader start delay config word at address 0x0085. Possible values 0-255.

# .text sections
              OBJECT (F_EntryPoint, Cpu.c) # The function _EntryPoint have to be placed at the beginning of the code
                                       # section for proper functionality of the serial bootloader.
0 Kudos