Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beekit Update Coming Soon?

Jump to solution
cbiscut
Contributor I

Hello,

A new Kinetis SDK that supports the newer wireless MCUS (MKW22,MKW24, etc.) and a new Kinetis Design Studio have been released very recently. Does this mean that a new Beekit will be released fairly soon as well? It would be awesome if Beekit could support KDS in addition to CodeWarrior and IAR EWARM. I'm just feeling around to see if anyone has any information on this matter.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TudorS_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Caden.

There are plans to release connectivity add-ons for Kinetis SDK to enable 802.15.4-based connectivity for Kinetis W devices in Q3 2015. The KSDK-based connectivity enablement will move away from the classic BeeKit model and will be closer to the look and feel of the KSDK itself.

There is already an 802.15.4 software package for the MCR20A 802.15.4 wireless transceiver combined with the Kinetis KL46Z and the KL64F microcontrollers, which is an add-on for Kinetis SDK v1.1 and which you can refer to get a better understanding on how the Kinetis W (MKW24. MKW21 etc.) enablement will look like. You can visit the MCR20A webpage for downloading this software package: http://www.freescale.com/mcr20a

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tudor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TudorS_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Caden.

There are plans to release connectivity add-ons for Kinetis SDK to enable 802.15.4-based connectivity for Kinetis W devices in Q3 2015. The KSDK-based connectivity enablement will move away from the classic BeeKit model and will be closer to the look and feel of the KSDK itself.

There is already an 802.15.4 software package for the MCR20A 802.15.4 wireless transceiver combined with the Kinetis KL46Z and the KL64F microcontrollers, which is an add-on for Kinetis SDK v1.1 and which you can refer to get a better understanding on how the Kinetis W (MKW24. MKW21 etc.) enablement will look like. You can visit the MCR20A webpage for downloading this software package: http://www.freescale.com/mcr20a

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tudor

0 Kudos
cbiscut
Contributor I

That is very helpful thanks for the reply!

Cheers,

Caden

0 Kudos