AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are the gotchas involved with upgrading from KDS2/KSDK1.1 to KDS3/KSDK1.2?

Question asked by dave408 on May 16, 2015
Latest reply on May 19, 2015 by dave408

I've been writing my application code in C due to the problems with the KSDK 1.1 release.  Thankfully, upon initial testing, it looks like C++ is working with KSDK 1.2.  Now I just have to be able to open my old projects and start porting code.

The problem is that I don't know how to deal with the project update.  The only porting guide I see in the filesystem is for CodeWarrior -> KDS.

Here's what I have done so far -- I imported my KDS2/KSDK1.1 project into KDS 3 and get this message:

My concern was that if I add KSDK 1.1-GA to KDS 3, it'll screw up the environment in ways I won't be able to notice (i.e. things will just not work).  So I decided to instead click Continue Loading and allow PEx to perform whatever configuration conversion it wants.  Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  All of my components have errors in them, and I'm unable to resolve all of them.  Even the ones I have resolved (i.e. cleared the red X) I'm not sure are really fixed.

So at this point, I'm worried that I'm starting from scratch again.  I figure I'm going to have to redevelop my applications from scratch and put all of the bits and pieces together from a brand-new KDS 3 project.

Anyone else out there successfully convert their projects?

Outcomes