AnsweredAssumed Answered

Garbled printf(), multiple tasks printing at once. Why is this output overlapping? KSDK 1.2

Question asked by Sean MacKay on May 15, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by Raj Batra

Hello,

I'm moving/rebuilding a project to the new KSD 3 and KSDK 1.2. However, I'm running into some weird behaviour and instability with my program crashing regularly. I'm also having trouble debugging as the Task Aware Debugging is no longer smart enough to parse out the task stacks for each running task. I can only look at the current status of the current executing task. Basically I'm having three tasks trip over each other, outputting their printf characters all at once. I get:

Which is coming from three tasks (the main task, the sonar task, and the sender task).

Icarting Sonar task...Sonar task started su i cneSsisoftunlilayl.r   ztasik rnunnging isnittialaizicng kmes sagoe qfueu es.s.. suczn ReX t ask1 st2art0ed    ces*sfu~lly*. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~  

I can parse it out to this:

Unknown: Ic  i    sucn     main_task: Starting Sender task...Sender task started successfully. arting Sonar task...Sonar task started su cessfully.   Sonar_task: Sonar task running  nitializing message queues...     RX task started   cessfully.   Sender_task: initil zing stack of s ze 120 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Time to wake Socket Man

But that's even still not quite right, as some of the characters are missing or incorrect.

Original Attachment has been moved to: EMLU_KDS3_K64.zip

Outcomes