cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

development environment for KEA128

Jump to solution
younghwanbae
Contributor II

Now I'm usin TRK-KEA128 for development.

But I'd like to design our own board based on KEA128 micro controller.

In this case, what is the best way for flashing and debugging?

How to make connector for this purpose?

Regards,

Younghwan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Younghwan Bae,

You just need use the SWD interface is ok, just like the following picture:

pastedImage_0.png

SWD_DIO: add  10K pullup resistor.
     RESET: add 4.7K to 10K pullup, and connect a 0.1uf capactor between this pin and ground.

You can't use the on-board opensda to debug your own board, but you can try to use download JLINK firmware to your TRK-KEA128 opensda, then debug your own board with JLINK on your TRK-KEA128.

You can download the JLINK firmware:(Download JLink_OpenSDA_2015-04-23.zip

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
younghwanbae
Contributor II

Hmm, I should use SWD 10pin connector for this and using USB Multilink Universal for flashing HW.

It means I cannot use TRK-KEA128's OpenSDA, right?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Younghwan Bae,

You just need use the SWD interface is ok, just like the following picture:

pastedImage_0.png

SWD_DIO: add  10K pullup resistor.
     RESET: add 4.7K to 10K pullup, and connect a 0.1uf capactor between this pin and ground.

You can't use the on-board opensda to debug your own board, but you can try to use download JLINK firmware to your TRK-KEA128 opensda, then debug your own board with JLINK on your TRK-KEA128.

You can download the JLINK firmware:(Download JLink_OpenSDA_2015-04-23.zip

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

younghwanbae
Contributor II

Can you teach me how to flash JLINK firmware on TRK-KEA128?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Youngwan Bae,

1: Before you use the JLINK, you should install the JLINK driver at first, the driver download link is:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Download

2:Change  the firmware in your TRK-KEA128 to JLINK_Opensda, please follow these steps:

(1) unplug your TRK -kea128 board

(2) press the RESET button(SW3), at the same time plug your TRK-KEA128 board to your computer, then the board will be a Device named as "BOOTLOADER"

release the reset button.

(3) Send the attached file"JLink_OpenSDA.sda" to your "BOOTLOADER",  and wait it is completed.

(4) unplug and plug your board to the computer again,

Then your board download is JLINK.

Wish it helps you!

Regards,

Jingjing

0 Kudos
younghwanbae
Contributor II

1. Not reset switch(SW3), SDA switch(SW4) for entering "BOOTLOADER", right?

2. which JLink_OpenSDA.sda is correct? you attached two different versions.

3. if flash with JLink_OpenSDA, how debug current TRK-KEA128 itself? only connect with JLink?

If so, I cannot use UART2 of KEA128 through USB, can I?

4. I should implemet KEA128 system with, 2 SPIs (one is Master, one is Slave), UART, I2Cs(Master and Slave), WDOG, CRC and RTC.

Where can I get some sample codes with these functions? I only have LAB1~5, it shows me UART, FTM, ADC, PWT, KBI only.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Younghwan Bae,

1, reset SW3,not SW4。

2, I just attached one, you should unzip the JLink_OpenSDA.zip, then you will get JLINK_OpenSDA.sda, this is what you needed.

3, After you change the firmware to JLINK_OpenSDA, you can debug correct TRK-KEA128, just configure your download interface as JLINK SWD is ok.

You still can use UART2 of KEA128, because JLINK_OPENDSA also have virtual COM port.

4, About the sample code, I don't have the completed project, but you can refer to the driver and add the driver to your own project, attached KEA128_DEMO is for your reference.

Wish it helps you!

Jingjing

0 Kudos