Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q IPU questions

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Dear all,

have some questions on the IPU.

1) imx6q datasheet says there are Synch and Asynch modes (video and command modes),

but how to know what displayes supports command/smart modes ? And, if i want

to allow plug any (smart, non smart) displays, have to go for Synch mode always ?

2) Have some confusion on DC amd DP flows, what are "main flows" and "auxiliary" as

i find in the datasheet ? What IDMA channels have to be used to connect HDMI and lvds in separate mode (with 2

separate frame buffers) in the same IPU ?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Ok thanks,

i have the output on both displays but still, for some reason, the image on second display (DI1) is picked from the same framebuffer in memory allocated for DI0 and not from the second framebuffer allocated for second separate channel.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI angelo

1. i.MX6DQ IPU does not supports Asynch modes (used for smart LCD),

opposite i.MX5x IPU and i.MX6 datasheet has not chapter IPU "Asynchronous Interfaces".

2.  for DC and DP flows one can look at document below

A Deep Dive into Image Processing for i.MX 6 Series Applications Processors[1]

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

many thanks,

well, about your point 1, seems imx6q supports smart displays, that's why i was asking.

As far as you know, Is there any issue with setting 2 displays, LVDS and HDMI on a single IPU, and being able to use them with 2 different framebuffers ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI angelo

yes, one can configure for HDMI on

IPU1 DI0 port and LDB (LVDS) on IPU1 DI1 port

Best regards

igor