MQX 4.2, port new USB stack to K70 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2, port new USB stack to K70 ?

gpontis
Contributor IV

I was waiting for MQX 4.2 to enable a composite USB device on a K70 project. It is good to see that the composite device is now supported. But only on the new stack, and the new stack does not include support for the K70 tower. I am wondering about making a port myself, to support my custom hardware design based on the K70. I am wondering if this is a practical undertaking.

At a glance at the datasheets, the USB controllers for the supported K64 appear very close or identical to that on the K70. The notable exception being that the K70 does not have the IRC48M capability. That is not an important difference as we already have the hardware and configuration necessary to generate the 48 MHz clock. Is there a reason why it should be difficult to make such a port for K70 to the new USB stack in 4.2 ?

George

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

According to the roadmap, K70 will be supported in KSDK 1.3

Have a nice day,
Daniel

0 Kudos

simonraybould
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Does your roadmap give any idea when V1.3 of the SDK will be available?

Regards,
Simon

0 Kudos

gpontis
Contributor IV

I made the port myself. There was nothing very difficult about doing it, about a day of work. I noticed that it does not integrate that well with the old MQX framework. If I was doing it again I would consider not building a library but just adding the necessary files from USB2 to the application build.

George

0 Kudos

simonraybould
Contributor I

Hi George,

Would you be prepared to share your code as I also need USB2 on my K70 TWR with an SER2 board?

Thanks,
Simon

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Simon,

Please check the attached document. This document provides the detailed steps to port the USB unified Stack to a new platform.

I hope this helps

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos