cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board B4860 setup with CPRI in CPRI full negotiation demo

Jump to solution
thoapham
Contributor I

@I am implementing the LTE  system by  using Freescale B4860 board. While configuring and deploying a test with CPRI external loopback, I got a trouble relating setup VSC 3316 mux table (described in B4860 CPRI multicore demo). For details, I can not find any information about the  VSC 3316 mux table in any Freescale specification document and do not know how to setup it.  Hence it is hard for me to change the table setting. Which tools should I use ? Thanks a lot.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Thoa Pham,

I assum you are using B4860QDS and the SDOS demo "cpri_multicore".

For your question about VSC3316:

The cross bar has already been configured by U-Boot, after the board power up and boot success, the switch from B4860 SERDES to SFP has been established, if only the RCW for the Serdes1 protocol is among "2a, 2c, 2d, 2e".

Please use the following steps:

1. For the CPRI SFP connection use - SERDES1  protocols "2a,2c,2d,2e".

2. Run U-Boot to configure the cross matrix on the board.

3. Connect the cables between SFP1 and 2, these are the lower right side of the SFP socket.

4. Remove the reset to target in the CW - No need to reset SC3900 after U-Boot.

5. Launch the SC CW project using B4860_QDS_uBoot_init.tcl

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Thoa Pham,

I assum you are using B4860QDS and the SDOS demo "cpri_multicore".

For your question about VSC3316:

The cross bar has already been configured by U-Boot, after the board power up and boot success, the switch from B4860 SERDES to SFP has been established, if only the RCW for the Serdes1 protocol is among "2a, 2c, 2d, 2e".

Please use the following steps:

1. For the CPRI SFP connection use - SERDES1  protocols "2a,2c,2d,2e".

2. Run U-Boot to configure the cross matrix on the board.

3. Connect the cables between SFP1 and 2, these are the lower right side of the SFP socket.

4. Remove the reset to target in the CW - No need to reset SC3900 after U-Boot.

5. Launch the SC CW project using B4860_QDS_uBoot_init.tcl

Have a great day,
Lunmin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

thoapham
Contributor I

Thanks so much lunminliang

0 Kudos