Is there any internal way to detect if VREGIN pin is being powered?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any internal way to detect if VREGIN pin is being powered?

Jump to solution
thiagopalmieri
Contributor III

Is there any internal way to detect if VREGIN pin is being powered (without external circuitry, such as resistor voltage divider, MOSFETs, etc...)?

I would like to disable some tasks when the USB is connected and providing power to the chip. I am using MKL43Z.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thiago,

A quick look at RM doesn't indicate you can.  But...I just can across a great post that mentions using the RTC which is connected to VREGIN and a register that is used to determine if it is running correctly.  If no power, then not running.  If power, then RTC can run OK.  So this method could be used for you to determine if VREGIN present.

Re: K24 RTC

Second alternative:

On the TWR-K70F120M card they use an ADC Channel to allow monitoring of the VREGIN pin.

ScreenHunter_142 May. 11 11.08.gif

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thiago,

A quick look at RM doesn't indicate you can.  But...I just can across a great post that mentions using the RTC which is connected to VREGIN and a register that is used to determine if it is running correctly.  If no power, then not running.  If power, then RTC can run OK.  So this method could be used for you to determine if VREGIN present.

Re: K24 RTC

Second alternative:

On the TWR-K70F120M card they use an ADC Channel to allow monitoring of the VREGIN pin.

ScreenHunter_142 May. 11 11.08.gif

Regards,

David

0 Kudos