About EIM Bus Timing Parameters in i.MX6DQ.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About EIM Bus Timing Parameters in i.MX6DQ.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

I have questions about EIM Bus Timing Parameters in i.MX6DQ.

[Q1]

Refer to Table 40. EIM Bus Timing Parameters in IMX6SDLAEC(Rev.4).

There are both spec (min & max) in WE4~WE17.

On the other hand, refer to Table 41. EIM Bus Timing Parameters in IMX6DQAEC(Rev.3).

There aren't both spec (min & max) in WE4~WE17.

Why does i.MX6DQ have only the specification of the one (min or max)?

[Q2]

Refer to Table 41. EIM Asynchronous Timing Parameters Relative to Chip Select in IMX6DQAEC(Rev.3)

"WE31" : WE4 - WE6 - CSA  (Max : 3 - CSA)

If current data sheet of i.MX6DQ is right, we cannot calculate the max value from "WE4 - WE6 - CSA".

Because WE4 and WE6 hasn't min spec.

How should I think?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Clay_Turner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Keita,

We are currently updating the i.MX6DQ and the EIM timing parameters have been updated. This update fills in many of the empty values. The revision 4 datasheet is not yet published on the web but should be there within a few weeks. I have attached the EIM timing section for your reference. Hopefully, this will answer your questions.

Regards,

Clay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at my comments below.

As an example let’s consider WE4 parameter - clock rise to address valid : it defines address output delay,

and really have both values – minimal and maximal. But for practical purposes just maximal
value of address assertion delay is important. This is why only maximal parameter is provided

in the i.MX6 Q datasheet. 

Again, for WE31 (EIM_CSx_B valid to Address Valid) the maximum delay is most important. It is

(3 – CSA).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Yuri,

Thank you for your reply.

Is the minimal spec of i.MX6DQ the same as the i.MX6SDL?

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strictly speaking, the minimal values are not specified.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

My customer must need to specification of blank space min or max to validate the EIM timing.

For example, It is necessary at the external device that a specification to Address valid - > OE valid is defined.

(The all spec specified in i.MX6SDL data sheet...)

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

ClayTurner​ can you help to  check this case?

0 Kudos
Clay_Turner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Keita,

We are currently updating the i.MX6DQ and the EIM timing parameters have been updated. This update fills in many of the empty values. The revision 4 datasheet is not yet published on the web but should be there within a few weeks. I have attached the EIM timing section for your reference. Hopefully, this will answer your questions.

Regards,

Clay

0 Kudos