cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues about Power Up by the Signal PMIC_ON_REQ on MX6DL

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Hi, all

I want to use the signal PMIC_ON_REQ to trigger the external PMIC to power up the entire system. But now I encounter the problems. Firstly, when I turn off the system(via "adb reboot -p"), I measured the votage about the pin PMIC_ON_REQ is 2V, why? And when I pulg out the adapter, OK, no voltage, then pulg in the adapter, no voltage. But in the next time, only when my adapter was not plugged out (always connected) , shutdown the system,power up, over and over again, the pin PMIC_ON_REQ always is 2V. why? Refering to the manual reference, when system is turn on

Secondly,my settings are following, but when I turned off(via "adb reboot -p"), it didnt wake up. why? How to wake up?

cat /proc/driver/rtc

rtc_time        : 00:09:20

rtc_date        : 1970-01-02

alrm_time       : 00:19:17

alrm_date       : 1970-01-02

alarm_IRQ       : yes

alrm_pending    : no

update IRQ enabled      : no

periodic IRQ enabled    : no

periodic IRQ frequency  : 1

max user IRQ frequency  : 64

24hr            : yes

alarm_IRQ       : yes

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tony

this may be caused by overloading VDD_SNVS_IN voltage as described in

IMX6DQ6SDLHDG  Table 2-6 Power and decouple recommendations

p.19. Please check also Chapter 8 Avoiding Board Bring-up Problems

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Hi, igor

Our schematic is following,could you help us to review if "this may be caused by overloading VDD_SNVS_IN voltage"?

3Q~

0 Kudos

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Dear igor,

And I find another problem, I write "1" to the bit PK_EN and PK_OVERRIDE, but I cant write value to the register,so the two problems are:

1. Why cant I write the value into the above register bits?

2. Could give me the info how to control the PMIC_ON_REQ with the above bits in detail?

3Q~

0 Kudos