AnsweredAssumed Answered

No BitIO in Processor Expert for FRDM platforms

Question asked by Jeffrey Rockel on May 8, 2015
Latest reply on May 10, 2015 by Jeffrey Rockel

First of all, I am a hardware guy and am still getting up to speed in the world of Eclipse IDE. I have experience, but with products from 5+ years back. I have watched several Youtube tutorials, following them step by step. And, I have confirmed my steps below on two separate computer systems.

I have done a clean install of KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2.0. Here are my steps in KDS:

1) Start KDS and select workspace.

2) File | New  | Kinetis Project | Next

3) Type Project name. Use default location.

4) Under Devices: Boards>Kinetis>FRDM-K64F | Next

(I have also tried with other FRDM boards)

5) Kinetis SDK = KDSK1.2.0; Absolute path = C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0 (where I installed it); Processor Expert = Use current perspective; Project Mode = Standalone | Next

6) GNU C Compiler | Finish

The project is created with initial source and the following components:

clockMan1:fsl_clock_manager

pin_init:PinSettings

intMan1:fsl_interrupt_manager

I select the "Components Library" tab. In the "Alphabetical" tab, the drop-downs are set to "All repositories" and "Applicable to project".

The Components listed in the table for selection are:

BasicProperties

ExternalFile

FreeMaster

fsl_adc16

fsl_adc16_hal

fsl_clock_manager

fsl_cmp

Init_ADC

Init_AIPS0

OS_Task

PinSettings

StringList

TwoKeys

In order to see "BitIO", "PWM", "Serial_LDD", and other components, I must change the "Applicable to project" drop-down to "All". However, when I do so, and select one of the components and use "Component Inspector", I receive the error "The component is not supported for the selected processor" next to the "Component name". The processor shown in the Components list is "Cpu:MK64FN1M0VLL12".

I have tried numerous combinations of FRDM platforms with identical results. I have selected a processor, but then all reference to the FRDM target platform I/O assignments is lost.

I'm sure I am missing something fundamental. Help! and Thanks!

Jeff R

Outcomes