Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POR_B Connection in i.MX6

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I'm developing a board with i.MX6SoloLite.

I have a question about POR_B connections.

Do I have to connect the POR_B in any system ?

According to the "i.MX 6SoloLite Applications Processor Reference Manual" in P2816,

an internal POR_B signal is logically AND'ed with any externally applied SRC_POR_B signal.

From above I think the module can make SRC_POR_B signal without POR_B.

So I don't have to connect the POR_B.

Is it correct ?

Best Regards,

ko-hey

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you do not plan to use any external reset source, you can leave the POR_B input unconnected or pull it up to VDD_SNVS_IN. However, in that case, if the processor stalls (e.g. due to the software issues), you will have to completely power-cycle it to reset it and make it up and running again.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you do not plan to use any external reset source, you can leave the POR_B input unconnected or pull it up to VDD_SNVS_IN. However, in that case, if the processor stalls (e.g. due to the software issues), you will have to completely power-cycle it to reset it and make it up and running again.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Artur

Thank you for your response!

I understood a connection and risk.

Ko-hey

0 Kudos