Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F Silicon Errata for PK20DX128VFM5 & MK20DX128VFM5

Jump to solution
muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi All,

Need of Silicon Errata Sheet for these microcontrollers.....

PK20DX128VFM5(Pre-Qualified) & MK20DX128VFM5(Market Qualified)

Prequalified version MCU assembled FRDM-K64F(2 NOs-REV C) is Not working for any code that has been locally builded.

The same builded file is working fine with Market qualified MCU assembled FRDM-K64F(1 NO-REV E)

But sample code from Demo package provided by Freescale is working fine on Both REVC and REV E Boards.

Regards,

Muthuraj

+91-9003281838

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

The second line of the mask print is the silicon number, then you can find the corresponding errata data of the silicon version through the link as below.

K20_50 |Kinetis 20 50 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

50 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

The second line of the mask print is the silicon number, then you can find the corresponding errata data of the silicon version through the link as below.

K20_50 |Kinetis 20 50 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

I didn't have the Rev C board on hand. The issue seems very weird.

And I'd like to confirm with you about whether the BIN can works on Rev C board or not after programmed by JlNK tool without using the Open SDA interface.
Have a great day,

Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

Please go for learn more detail information about the Jlink through the link as below.

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts

Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

You can figure out the way to program the bootloader and firmware after have a brief look through the document whose link has been shared as below.

I've also attached a led_demo file and please check it.

OpenSDAv2

Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,
Please check the attachment.

Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj M,

The attached BIN file is generated from the hello_world demo from the KSDK_1.2.0.

And I'd like to suggest that you can debug this demo both on REV C and REV E board to figure out the difference of code execute process such as several  clock sources configuration.

You can go to download the KSDK_1.2.0 through the link as below.

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thanks.....Already we had tried.

Both the REV C boards are Idle for the BIN file that you had provided.(This is the same thing happening even if we using our compiler and building the code)

But in REV E board GREEN Led is blinking for the same BIN that you had provided......so what might be the difference.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj M,

I think you misunderstood my opinion, I know the BIN file failed on REV C board.

However when you debug the hello_world demo that I mentioned in last reply, by using step debug that the debug tool supports you will figure out which code line executes, then causes the MCU hangs.

After you find it, then the issue will be clear.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thanks a lot......

In the Rev C boards (2Nos) while executing the Program through the debugger it Jumps directly to "RTOS scheduler idle task" and executing the same infinitely.

But the same is not happening with Rev E board, Program has been executing properly.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj M,

Did the demo you debug from the KSDK1.2.0 which I suggest or local builded?
Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thanks a lot......

yes whatever you had provided only tested on Both the boards.

Led_demo file.

Rev E- Working fine

Rev C- Jumps directly to "RTOS scheduler idle task" and executing the same infinitely.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj M,

I was wondering if you can share the screenshot of the code stuck in the RTOS scheduler idle task when you debug the hello_world demo on Rec C board.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Sorry for the delayed response....:(.

jeremyzhou wrote:

Hi Muthraj M,

I was wondering if you can share the screenshot of the code stuck in the RTOS scheduler idle task when you debug the hello_world demo on Rec C board.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj M,

Did this phenomenon still happen when you use the Jlink debug tool instead of the OpenSDA interface?
Have a great day,
Ping