Further Discussion of IEEE 1588v2 and LS1021A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further Discussion of IEEE 1588v2 and LS1021A

jamessun
Contributor I

This discussion is regarding my further questions of my last topic "IEEE 1588v2 and LS1021A".

I got the answer: all Ethernet controllers are supported by IEEE 1588v2 on LS1021A. When I look into the pin assignment of LS1021A, I find that for the 1588v2 hardware signals on the LS1021A share pins with EC3 signals. For example,  EC3_RXD0 and TSEC_1588_TRIG_IN2 share the same pin of LS1021A. So when the EC3 is operating in RGMII mode, how could 1588v2 work with these shared pins?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Sharing pins extends design possibilities because there are applications which do not require for the mutual exclusive functionalities. Designer selects which functionality he needs for his application. If Ethernet controller 3 is  in use the 1588 functionality which requires the shared pins are not available. Notice that the 1588 timer and time stamping are still available when the shared pins used by the EC3. Because RTC clock input can be used instead of TSEC_1588_CLK_IN occupied by RGMII-Receive clock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos