Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 boundaryscan extest

irwans
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm a new here.

I have do boundary scan test In-Circuit Test. So far I don't have problem with iMx series except iMx6.

I have 4 different projects with similar case, boundary scan EXTEST cause the TDO line keep on low.

The design almost similar for all, as the SATA and PCIe didn't use then the Power for SATA and PCIe have tied to ground.

I have read from Reference Manual about this

• When the SATA interface is not used, the SATA_VP and SATA_VPH supplies should be grounded.

The input and output supplies for rest of the ports (SATA_REFCLKM, SATA_REFCLKP,

SATA_REXT, SATA_RXM, SATA_RXP, and SATA_TXM) can be left floating. It is

recommended not to turn OFF the SATA_VPH supply while the SATA_VP supply is ON, as it may

lead to excessive power consumption. If boundary scan test is used, SATA_VP and SATA_VPH

must remain powered.

• When the PCIE interface is not used, the PCIE_VP, PCIE_VPH, and PCIE_VPTX supplies should

be grounded. The input and output supplies for rest of the ports (PCIE_REXT, PCIE_RXM,

PCIE_RXP, PCIE_TXM, and PCIE_TXP) can be left floating. It is recommended not to turn the

PCIE_VPH supply OFF while the PCIE_VP supply is ON, as it may lead to excessive power

consumption. If boundary scan test is used, PCIE_VP, PCIE_VPH, and PCIE_VPTX must remain

powered.

Is these the cause EXTEST instruction fail? as I can not change the design of the boards, any other way to do boundary scan test? Please advice.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

irwans
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the confirmation. In that case what is the best design for SATA and PCIe supply as didn't use in functionality but still need to use for boundary scan test?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may create SR (via Freescale Web) regarding some some JTAG specifics.
New erratum regarding  JTAG Boundary Scan may be be issued soon :
EIM signals fail to drive as outputs during boundary scan test.

Regards,

Yuri.

irwans
Contributor I

Thanks Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may use recommendations of the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad,

6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families …”, Table 2-21 (Recommended connections for unused
analog interfaces), and just provide the supply voltages.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SATA and PCIe supply voltages must be applied for proper Boundary Scan operations,

in particular for the EXTEXT.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos