Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2.0 changelog?

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

So, new version are out.

What is changed? Why should I update?

Last time (KSDK 1.0.0 -> KSDK 1.1.0) I had to rewrite hald of the code because the new SDK was not retro-compatible.

There is a changelog somewhere?

(and yes, I found the release notes for kSDK 1.2.0: not really useful).

Thanks

Best Regards

Giacomo

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am trying to convert KDS 2.0 & KSDK1.1.0 project to KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.2.0, it is OK for the project that is not using PE to generate the system clock.

It will be problem if the system clock of MCU is generated by PE?

Is there anybody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

And unfortunately, you might end up rewriting some of your code again.  I'm doing that for my KDS2/KSDK1.2 projects.  However, Erich did post a link to a document he wrote that explains how to perform an update to KDS3 -- perhaps it will be useful for you.

Kinetis Design Studio: Migrating KDS V2.0.0 Projects to GNU Tools for ARM Embedded (Launchpad, KDS V...

Please give that a try and let us know how it goes!  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Giacomo Petrini:

I agree it would be useful for our customers. The KSDK and KDS teams are actively working on optimizing, enhancing, adding features and of course: bug fixing. Unfortunately there is no public changelog to look at, I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Usually you should only migrate if you find a misbehavior in previous versions or if you want to stay in synch with the latest tools.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos