Is it possible to programm a KEA128 device on a selfmade-board via the OpenSDA interface of the TRAK-KEA128 evaluation board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to programm a KEA128 device on a selfmade-board via the OpenSDA interface of the TRAK-KEA128 evaluation board?

maximiliankempa
Contributor I

I want to connect the Evaluation Board via USB with my computer. Then I want to conect J12 (SWD Programming Connector) of the evaluation kit with the corresponding pins of the KEA128-MCU on my own board. Afterwards I want to flash the MCU on my own board with CodeWarrior by using the OpenSDA Target connection. I tried it now a few times but the debugging process always at 71% with the following error message: "ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device".

Is this doable at all or do I need to purchase an external programmer like   "P&E’s USB Multilink Universal"?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend to update the OpenSDA firmware [DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v108.SDA].

Related OpenSDA firmware could be downloaded from P&E web link.

And customer also could update OpenSDA firmware to Segger J-Link for OpenSDA v2.

More detailed info, please check Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 document.

The Segger J-Link for OpenSDA V2 could be downloaded from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos