cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Freescale MQX™ RTOS for Kinetis SDK support K12_50

Jump to solution
bjk
Contributor I

We would like to use the K12_50 with MQX for Kinetis SDK, however this device is not listed on http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX-RTOS-FOR-KINETIS-SDK as officially supported. 

Will this setup currently work anyways? Could we for instance setup under a different device?

Is future support planned for this device? (If so when)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, I forgot 'A' revision is only for K11 and K21, so your closest device is MK11DN512AVLK5R. Probably almost every driver for the peripherals will be compatible between MK11 'A' version and MK12.

Regards,

Santiago

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can download now Kinetis Design Studio 3.0 and KSDK 1.2 which add support for K11, K12, K21 and K22 devices (only for the newest silicon revision, with an 'A' in the PN).

Notice the A in the PN of the new devices, e.g. of a few of them:

MK21DN512AVLK5

MK21DX128AVLK5

MK21DX256AVLK5

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos
bjk
Contributor I

Just to clarify, none of the K12 devices show an A in the part number. We are interested in using MK12DN512VLK5R.  from your response, I assume this isn't supported?

0 Kudos
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, I forgot 'A' revision is only for K11 and K21, so your closest device is MK11DN512AVLK5R. Probably almost every driver for the peripherals will be compatible between MK11 'A' version and MK12.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos