AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hello world example doesn't compile in Poky distro 1.7.1

Question asked by Manjunath Joshi on May 6, 2015
Latest reply on May 7, 2015 by Markus Braitner

Hello all,

Steps followed:

$ vi hello.c

$ source /opt/poky/1.7.1/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

Can anyone tell me what's the problem here.

pga@pga-ThinkCentre-A85:~/helloworld$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o hello hello.c

hello.c:1:18: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

#include<stdio.h>

^

compilation terminated.

pga@pga-ThinkCentre-A85:~/helloworld$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v

Using built-in specs.

COLLECT_GCC=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc

COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/opt/pga_qt5_toolchain/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.1/lto-wrapper

Target: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi

Configured with: /home/pga/projects/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/configure --build=i686-linux --host=i686-pokysdk-linux --target=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr --exec_prefix=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr --bindir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --sbindir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --libexecdir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --datadir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share --sysconfdir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/etc --sharedstatedir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/com --localstatedir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/var --libdir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --includedir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/include --oldincludedir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/include --infodir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/info --mandir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/man --disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking --with-libtool-sysroot=/home/pga/projects/yocto/pga/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/sysroots/i686-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux --with-gnu-ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-threads=posix --enable-multilib --enable-c99 --enable-long-long --enable-symvers=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-pch --program-prefix=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- --without-local-prefix --enable-target-optspace --enable-lto --enable-libssp --disable-bootstrap --disable-libmudflap --with-system-zlib --with-linker-hash-style=gnu --enable-linker-build-id --with-ppl=no --with-cloog=no --enable-checking=release --enable-cheaders=c_global --with-gxx-include-dir=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/c++/4.9.1 --with-build-time-tools=/home/pga/projects/yocto/pga/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin --with-sysroot=/opt/poky/1.7.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi --with-build-sysroot=/home/pga/projects/yocto/pga/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/sysroots/imx6qsabresd --enable-poison-system-directories --with-mpfr=/home/pga/projects/yocto/pga/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/sysroots/i686-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux --with-mpc=/home/pga/projects/yocto/pga/fsl-community-bsp/build_toolchain/tmp/sysroots/i686-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux --enable-nls --with-arch=armv7-a

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC)

This means i have gcc. I am fed up of this. Please anyone reply.

Regards,

Manju

Outcomes