cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2295 protocol version 9

Jump to solution
Andrey
Contributor III

I'm having issues implementing AN2295 over with K70.  One of them is apparently the hc08sprg.exe does not talk protocol 9 which is defined in a target?

PROTOCOL9.PNG.png

When i hardcode it to use protocol 8 I get same a message saying "Can't read MCU info. Could be protocol error" If I open a terminal and type in "I" I get the following:

HEX_CAPTURE.PNG.png

so the mcu is talking and available. Is there a something I'm missing in the configuration of the target?

Yes, I'm using the latest app source code I was able to find, stamped with Date Modified 10/12/2012

Labels (1)
1 Solution
pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

you are using the master application hcs08sprg version 10.0.13.0 as I see. I send you the latest one (10.0.18.0) in the attachment. Could you try it and let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

you are using the master application hcs08sprg version 10.0.13.0 as I see. I send you the latest one (10.0.18.0) in the attachment. Could you try it and let me know.

0 Kudos
Andrey
Contributor III

Looks like that would work.

old.PNG

new.PNG

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

I send the latest AN2295 software package in the attachment. Could you try it and let me know if there is any difference.

Regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Andrey
Contributor III

Pavel,

It looks like the problem is not with the src (target) files, but with the hcs08sprg which does not recognize the new protocol for kinetis (protocol 9). I'm currently using protocol 8, and limited to 512k or so.

0 Kudos
pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrey,

it looks as bad trimming procedure was done. It is needed to use feature SHORT TRIM instead of break impulse which some of new serial converter cannot transfer. Try to use the windows gui and there is a check box for this feature, also you have to modify the configuration file.

Best regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Andrey
Contributor III

Pavel,

I have set the SHORT TRIM settings and it still hangs.

It looks like the hc08sprog is not waiting for the complete packet. I've tried at different baud rates (9600 and 57600)

portClosing.PNG

Notice that the Close Request is done at the same instance as the Read Request

manual communication:

portManual.PNG

all the data received.

Perhaps it's a timing issue of some sort.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrey,

I am checking with this issue. I will let you know when I find the way to fix the issue.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Andrey
Contributor III

So it looks like I need a newer version of the PC application. Anybody has a later release than 10.0.13.0???

0 Kudos