cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet communication with PT60?

Jump to solution
eliezeroc
Contributor III

Hello. I'm developing a project that requires Ethernet communication. My project is being developed with the PT60, then I have to use an external module for communication. Does anyone have any idea what kind of module should I use? Just remember that to be a low-cost project I can not use a Knets. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tonyp
Senior Contributor II

Although I doubt an external module will be a cheaper overall solution, here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Have a look at Tibbo modules.  They have a large variety, and I've used several with mostly good results.  Some have only single socket capability so depending on your app you may want to stay away from them as the work-around for multiple connections becomes quite involved -- even though, the connections are not simultaneous.

2. Have a look at Wiznet (e.g., WZ5100) chips.  They are much more affordable (and I would even say, much more flexible) than Tibbo modules but with more work on your end.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tonyp
Senior Contributor II

Although I doubt an external module will be a cheaper overall solution, here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Have a look at Tibbo modules.  They have a large variety, and I've used several with mostly good results.  Some have only single socket capability so depending on your app you may want to stay away from them as the work-around for multiple connections becomes quite involved -- even though, the connections are not simultaneous.

2. Have a look at Wiznet (e.g., WZ5100) chips.  They are much more affordable (and I would even say, much more flexible) than Tibbo modules but with more work on your end.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
eliezeroc
Contributor III

Thank you, I will study your suggestion.

0 Kudos