cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQXLite and USB

paul50485
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using PE 10.4.2 and am trying to add MQXLite to an existing project. The project has fsl_usb_framework and is generating the error below:

usb.JPG.jpg

How do I fix this error?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

I suppose you have PEx + KSDK project and you have selected MQX operating system in the fsl_os_abstraction component. There is selected "MQX Lite" in the mqx_ksdk component by default (inherited component of fsl_os_abstraction).

To fix this issue, open the Component Inspector of the mqx_ksdk component and select "MQX Standard" in the "Configuration parameters > Configuration set" property, see the screenshot below:

pastedImage_2.png

Please note, that this change also require reconfiguration of the project (fsl_debug_console component is not allowed in the project (it is integrated in the MQX Standard component) and one instance of OS_Task component is requested at least).

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

paul50485
Contributor I

Thanks Marek,

I was trying to keep the MQX OS code size to a minimum. Is there a way to reduce the footprint of MQX?

All we require is some simple task management. The peripherals use eDMA from PE.

Paul

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

You can find details about MQX and MQX Lite on the web page Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

There is also following overview:

MQX™ RTOS 4.x MQX™ Lite RTOS MQX™ RTOS for Kinetis SDK
Delivery MechanismTraditional installer with full sourceProcessor Expert (PEx) componentTraditional installer with full source
I/O DriversMQX peripheral drivers; PEx driver optionalPEx drivers onlyKinetis SDK drivers
ConfigurabilityUser selects needed services from full or lightweight versionsReduced services only; lightweight options onlyUser selects needed services from full or lightweight versions
ComponentsKernel, TCP/IP stack, USB stack, file system, middleware. Includes own peripheral drivers.Kernel only. Peripheral drivers provided by PEx.Kernel, TCP/IP stack, USB stack, file system, middleware. Peripheral drivers provided by Kinetis SDK.
AvailabilitySelect Kinetis K Series, Vybrid, select ColdFire, select Power ArchitectureKinetis L Series, Kinetis K Series, select Kinetis E SeriesKinetis MCUs supported by Kinetis SDK

The mqx_ksdk component contains following options that can be used for minimizing of the code size. There is also possible to write own user definitions, see the User settings > Definitions.

pastedImage_1.png

Note:

All definitions are generated in the generated header files (user_config.h and mqx_sdk_config.h).

You can also select the BareMetal OS in  the fsl_os_abstraction component. This options is also supported  by fsl_usb_framework and allow also a simple tasks management.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos