Full USB Host on i.MX 6SX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full USB Host on i.MX 6SX

DBMicro
Contributor I

We are trying to provide a full USB Host connection with an i.MX 6 SoloX. My circuit for the USB interface is the following:

• NVCC_USB_H is not powered because the HSIC interface is not used
  • USB_OTG2_VBUS and USB_OTG1_VBUS have their decoupling capacitors
  • VDD_USB_CAP has its capacitors connected
  • USB_OTG2_VBUS is not powered
  • USB_OTG1_VBUS is powered by 5V
  • USB_OTG1_DN and USB_OTG1_DP are connected to the USB connector (via Choke and protection)
  • USB_OTG1_ID is tied to ground
  • USB_OTG1_OC is connected to the overcurrent detection of the power Switch
  • USB-OTG1_PWR is connected to the enable-input of the Power switch
  • The power switch is shorted (5V will always be available on the connector, for testing purposes)
  • USB_OTG1_CH_B is floating
  • OTG2 Port is not in use

The Sabre Board provides two USB connections: one USB on the go and one USB Host (as noted on the Board's silksreen). As i reviewed the Sabre Board schematic the only differences to the "Host" USb connection are:

• We use OTG1 data ports instead of OTG2
  • NVCC_USB_H is not powered in our solution

The Linux we are running does not even Probe the USB connection when connecting a USB Device (not a host). The Device seems to be powered correctly. So the question now is:

1. Is it possible to get a full USB Host without using the HSIC interface (as noted on the Sabre Board)?
  2. Is the OTG1 Port capable of providing a USB Host connection or is this only possible via OTG2?
  3. Does NVCC_USB_H has to be powered to use the OTG ports?
Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DBMicro

according to IMX6SXCEC sect.4.2.1 Power-Up Sequence :

[only] USB_OTG1_VBUS and USB_OTG2_VBUS are not part of the power

supply sequence and may be powered at any time.

so not powering NVCC_USB_H may cause problem.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos