cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Chip Simulator problem with QY4A

ArchidamusX
Contributor I
Hello,

I am working on a project involving a HC08 QY4A. Since I have not yet board prototypes to work on, and my schedule is tight, I am trying to use full chip simulation with Codewarrior 6.1.
But it seems that the simulation is incorrect, i.e. I am not allowed to select ADC channel 5 on the ADSCR register. The error message is: 'error: attempt to set AD channel to a reserved value'.
Could it be a mistake of mine or a bug?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Filippo Bonato
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hello and welcome ArchidamusX!

I seem to remember there where some issues like this in that it seemed some of the extra features of a QY4A that were not in the QY4 are not implemented properly. Can you set it to 4? The QY4 is only valid for 0 to 3.
Maybe this will jog someone elses memory!!!

0 Kudos

ArchidamusX
Contributor I
Dear Peg,

thanks for your reply. We can set the ADC channel to 4, successfully. We inspected the 08qtqy4_adc.reg file (resident in C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.0\prog\p&e) and found this snippet:
 B40ADCH - ADC Channel Select
  001F ADC power off
  001E VSSA
  001D VDDA
  0004 PTB4/ATD4
  0003 PTA5/ADC3
  0002 PTA4/ADC2
  0001 PTA1/ADC1
  0000 PTA0/ADC0
even if this file could not be directly related with the full chip simulator it seems that the fifth channel had been 'forgotten' somehow. We tried to modify this but... it didn't worked (same error). I guess if there is some kind of patch fixing it.

Thanks

Filippo
0 Kudos