Linux image with USB3 over PCIe and usb-wifi(rtl8188)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux image with USB3 over PCIe and usb-wifi(rtl8188)

vivekraj
Contributor I

Hello all,

Its been pretty long time around 5 years for me since i worked on linux.. But now I'm Back :smileyhappy:..

I'm trying to build linux image for our project which must have wifi over usb using rtl8188 chipset and USB3 over mini PCIe.

I went through couple of projects discussion, blogs, forums and tutorials and still trying.. after all I'm here to ask your help..

I've couple of questions, kindly help me getting this done...

Toolchains:

1.which one is good or prefferable? Yocto or LTIB or Buildroot??(I read about ltib and stopped working on it now)

2.based on the toolchain how can I enable support for USB3 over PCIe and USB Wifi for rtl8188? (it may anything kernel config, dependency, packages)..

3.which kernel version and yocto image to consider? release or community bsp? if i use buildroot again which version?

I'm not really looking for some gui image(sato,fsl-gui, wandboard) as it is not the priority, if I've to consider it is fine for me..

currently I'm building the core-image-minimal and base, adding packagegroup-base, wireless-tools, wpa-supplicant, iw, linux-firmware, pci in local.conf file(are there any other package to be added??).....

4.can I connect usb HUB on ttymxc0? is it is a usb port or serial with ftdi chip on it?

I spent a month building the images to support all above mentioned parameters, but still no success.... :smileyplain::smileyconfused::smileyconfused:...

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try using the recent Linux BSP (L3.14.28) for i.MX6.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX6_SW

Please use “Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf” (in Linux documentation) - how

to build the system.

For PCie driver details please refer to Chapter 42 (i.MX 6 PCI Express Root Complex Driver)

of “i.MX_6_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf”.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos