AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB Tap on Windows 8.1

Question asked by Paul Scholz on Apr 28, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 by Paul Scholz

I have CodeWarrior Development Studio for DSC56800/E Version 8.3, build 091203, MCF56824x_5x (Anguilla Black) Service Pack and the CodeWarrior USB Tap.

I also have a 56F8323EVM kit and a USB Tap.  I am running Windows 8.1 on a Macbook Pro (don't judge me).  Connecting the USB Tap to the laptop resulted in a driver installation and everything seemed to go fine with its installation.  The driver is windrvr6.sys provided by Jungo, dated 8/20/2007, version 9.0.  The driver installation was found under System Devices in Device Manager, however there is another entry in Device Manager, apparently for the same driver, under Jungo, a peer in the tree to System Devices.

I'm just learning the Freescale system and I decided to start with the isr demo for the eval board. I load the demo and make it, and then go to the Project menu and hit Debug (F5).  CodeWarrior attempts to load the program onto the eval board, but I get a dialog box that says:

CCSProtocolPlugin: CCS: Command Converter not present.

Of course, I have no idea what this means and Google is no help at all.

When I look at the CodeWarrior Connection Server snap-in I see an error message that says: cannot load "tgstat.tcl" file!

I do find this file in C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\ccs\bin, but I have no idea why it cannot load, or if this is even relevant.

Needless to say, this is sort of a showstopper for me.  I need to be able to run code on this board.  Can anyone help?

Best,

Paul

Outcomes