MK60 Ethernet Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK60 Ethernet Questions

PHXFAE
Contributor II

I have a customer who is desiging with the MK60 with the following questions.

1. I have a quick question about your Ethernet library and the cdc vnic code. When I wrote my Ethernet code on the MK60 a while back you guys don't provide a DHCP server, you only have a DHCP client. Do you have support for a DHCP server? This is helpful for when a LAN is setup to be a client on a PC or Laptop.

2. Looking at the vnic code and trying to connect to it, how do you go about connecting to it. I don't see anywhere in the code that shows a connection IP port? I'm just trying to get a feel for this right now and see how it might help me.

3. For the cdc vnic, does this also support to connecting to a linux system? It uses the provided drivers on the Windows OS, so I was wondering if other OSes natively support it.

Thx for the help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the delay. Please check my comments below:

1. MQX supports DHCP client and server.

2. Please check the ENET_IPADDR definition in the virtual_nic_enet.h and virtual_nic_enet.c  (C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb\device\examples\cdc\virtual_nic)

3. Please check more information in the below threads,

Ethernet over USB in MQX?

USB Virtual NIC

I have compiled and uploaded the Freescale 4.1.1 virtual_nic example - how do I verify it is working...

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

PHXFAE
Contributor II

In addition to the questions above, He is using the example that came with 4.1 of the stack. He looked over the code and can't seem to find what port you are suppose to send to. If he sets any port in his desktop code of course it won't connect to it, since it needs to be a valid port.

0 Kudos