Can we use Kinetis Software Development Kit (KSDK) For TWR – K20D72M BOARDS . Is there any document for creating mqx project with kds for – K20D72M BOARDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Kinetis Software Development Kit (KSDK) For TWR – K20D72M BOARDS . Is there any document for creating mqx project with kds for – K20D72M BOARDS

josephxavier
Contributor III

Can we use Kinetis Software Development Kit (KSDK)  For TWR – K20D72M BOARDS . Is there any document for creating MQX project with KDS for – K20D72M BOARDS

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ,

The current KSDK and next released version have not supported TWR-K20D72M yet, so if you want to develop an application based on that, I would recommend MQX 4.1 which already supports TWR-K20D72M, and it supports KDS as well, so you needn't start from scratch, you may use some example as a starting point. Please kindly refer to Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

josephxavier
Contributor III

I have downloaded MQX 4.0 can I use it on KDS for TWR-K20D72M , or should I download MQX 4.1 for this purpose? Can u specify the exact version and link for download.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

MQX 4.1 is the latest version, so I recommend 4.1, but 4.2 is on the way now, and I was told 4.2 would be available by the end of April. anyway, you may get the latest version by the following link:

Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Kan

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As Kan mentions, MQX_4.1.1 has KDS support.  I have used it and run code on TWR-K20D72M tower hardware.

I even used the KDS to add processor expert support to the K20D72M BSP and got it to work.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

josephxavier
Contributor III

can any one share the steps to create MQX project for TWR_K20D72M board using KDS_2.0.0,KSDK_1.1.0 and MQX 4.1 should i install any thing else , i was using opensource JTAG in codewarrior what all should be done to use source JTAG in KDS .

I haven’t seen the option to create MQX project for TWR_K20D72M board , I have seen the same processor option in KDS , is the TWR_K20D72M board platform actually available in KDS .

Can u give a detailed reply ?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello joseph,

Unfortunatelly in KSDK 1.1 neither KSDK 1.2. (the newest version) there is no support for TWR_K20D72M.

So you can create new project in KDS 3.0 but not with KSDK.

You can check the information at Release Note for KSDK here http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDK120RN.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Suppor...

So I recommend you work with new MQX 4.2, there is support for your board.

You can check it with Release Note for MQX 4.2. http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQX_Release_Notes.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYP...

For installation MQX 4.2:

ss.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

and that´s it.

For next steps I recommend follow documentation and follow created examples.

For the

• Starting with MQX: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\MQX_Getting_Started.pdf
  • Release Note - information about supported devices etc. MQX_Release_Notes.pdf
  • User Guide - MQX_Support_User_Guide.pdf

For installation KDS 3.0, please go to Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

New Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 available

In case of other questions, contact us.

I hope this helps you,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos