USBDM with MKV10Z32VLF7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM with MKV10Z32VLF7

mauswerkz
Contributor I

I'm trying to use USBDM on my FRDM-KL25Z to program a MKV10Z32VLF7 on a breadboard. The ARM Flash programmer GUI is able to read a chip ID from the device (10641084) but the drop down box says [No matching device]. I'm using the latest version of the firmware (4.10.6) and the DLL (4.10.6.250). I see a file called "MKV10Z7.svd.xml" in the "pgo\USBDM 4.10.6.250\DeviceData\Device.SVD\Freescale\" folder, so it seems like the device at least existed when this version was written. But it doesn't show up in the list and I can't program it (Unable to read/confirm CHIP_ID).

Is there any support for this device?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

matthewharper
Contributor III

I did a little looking, doesn't seem like the MKV10 isn't reference in this file  \pgo\USBDM 4.10.6.250\DeviceData\arm_devices.xml

0 Kudos

mauswerkz
Contributor I

I agree that the device isn't currently implemented, but I'm hoping that it could be relatively easy to implement as it appears to have at least received a look (as evidenced by the inclusion of the "MKV10Z7.svd.xml" file. Granted, I have no idea what the purpose of that file is, but the presence of the file gives me hope that interfacing with this device isn't an impossible task.

In the meantime I'm using J-link Lite.

0 Kudos

matthewharper
Contributor III

You might try adding an entry for the MKV10 in arm_devices.xml and see if the programmer recognizes the device. 

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Vincent,

I am just testing with a KV31F256 at the moment so it is likely that support will be available in the next version.

You can try the attached device file but I'm unsure if it is incompatible with the current released version.

Please advise if it works and if so, what the reported device ID from the programmer.

bye

0 Kudos

mauswerkz
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

I replaced the xml file with the one you provided. The device is detected as ID 10641084.

Attempting to program the device returns a "Programming Error" window.

"Programming of the target flash failed!

Reason: Internal program error - please report"

This appears to happen at the mass erase step, but it goes by too fast to see for sure.

It does this with both *.elf and *.srec files which work correctly when I upload with J-link lite.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Vincent,

I'm unsure if it is failing because of an error in the XML Config file or simply that there is some incompatibility.

Could you repeat the tests with the debug version of the programmer (available in the install directory only) and upload the usbdm.log and ARM_Programmer.log files please?

Alternatively wait for the next release to test again :smileyhappy:

bye

0 Kudos

riccardomaestri
Contributor I

Hi pgo, i'm facing the same problem. I'm trying with the debug version of the programmer but i can't find the log files... where can i find them?
I'm using the updated firmware and software.

Many thanks

Riccardo

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Riccardo,

Log files should be in:

• Windows: %APPDATA%\usbdm
  • Linux: ~/.usbdm

Could you provide some details on the device, OS etc,

bye

0 Kudos

riccardomaestri
Contributor I

Thanks! You can find the logs attached to this post.

I'm on windows 7 64bit, i'm trying to program using the frdm-kl25z and usbdm-opensda (last version) on cw mcu 10.6.4.

Programming the frdm onboard micro (obviously with J11 jumper inserted) goes fine without any issue.

the external micro i'm trying to program (with j11 removed) is:

Component: Cpu of type MKV10Z32VLF7

Description: Freescale Kinetis family : MKV10Z

The programmer shows me the correct micro ID: 10641084, and erasing the micro does not returns any error codes.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Riccardo,

Coincidentally I have just received a FRDM-KV10Z and I've been able to chase down the problem.

You can either wait for the next release or manually copy the attached files:

• Place arm_devices.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM 4.12.1.80\DeviceData (replacing exiting file)
  • Place Kinetis-MKV10-FTFA-flash-program-gcc.hex in C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM 4.12.1.80\DeviceData\ARM

bye

riccardomaestri
Contributor I

Correct, now it's working fine! Thank you very much, you solved in a snap!

Bye,
Riccardo

0 Kudos