AnsweredAssumed Answered

Built MQX libraries not being found by linker

Question asked by Reagan Revisore Employee on Apr 23, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 by Radek Sestak

Using the linker command:

arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g3 -T "MK64FN1M0xxx12_flash.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -L"C:/Users/B52864/workspace.kds/New_MQX_Project/Project_Settings/Linker_Files" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0/lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K64F12/Debug" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64.kds/debug/mqx" -L"C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64.kds/debug/mqx_stdlib" -Wl,-Map,"New_MQX_Project.map" -nanolibc -o "New_MQX_Project.elf" ./Sources/Utilities/fsl_debug_console.o ./Sources/Board/gpio_pins.o ./Sources/Board/hardware_init.o ./Sources/Board/pin_mux.o ./Sources/BSP_Files/init_bsp.o ./Sources/BSP_Files/mqx_main.o ./Sources/main.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup_MK64F12.o ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/system_MK64F12.o C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K64F12/Debug/libksdk_platform_mqx.a C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx/lib_mqx.a C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx_stdlib/lib_mqx_stdlib.a -lksdk_platform_mqx -l_mqx -l_mqx_stdlib

I get the errors below:

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l_mqx

c:/freescale/kds_2.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l_mqx_stdlib

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I've verified that I can go to the paths at the end of the linker command to find the lib_mqx.a and lib_mqx_stdlib.a files that are being used. It's interesting because the convention is similar to what's used for libksdk_platform_mqx.a, and the linker is able to find that.

Any ideas as to what can be done here?

Outcomes