Is CodeWarrior Development Studio compatible with Windows 8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CodeWarrior Development Studio compatible with Windows 8

gonediving
Contributor II

My company purchased 4 perpetual float licenses for this product, but we have now migrated to Win 8. The system requirements for the CW version we use is still listed on the Freescale website as:  Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7®.

Currently the product targets are MPC55xx/MPC56xx & HCS08

Is this a typo? Or is CW not updated to Windows 8?

Thank you for any reply

Message was edited by: Dana Deel

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gonediving,

Which CodeWarrior versions you are using?

Please notice that CodeWarrior for MCUs (Eclipse IDE)  v10.6 which supports MPC5xxx and S08 architectures is supported by Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 32-bit and 64-bit.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gonediving
Contributor II

Hello Carlos.

The version my company previously had was 10.5 but I wasn’t sure this covered the products I need. The previous use of this for us was HCS08.

I based my questions from the CW version mentioned on the website. I have MPC5674, a MPC5644 and an HCS08 code that needs covered.

CodeWarrior for MPC55xxMPC56xx v2.10.exe seemed to cover those targets.

I will try the 10.6 version you mentioned.

I may need further assistance on server linkage. I know our license server path, but how to link this in an EVAL copy is what I don’t know how to do

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gonediving,

Yes, please try the CodeWarrior 10.6 version. If you have any question regarding your licenses you can post a question on the Licensing subspace:

CodeWarrior Licensing

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gonediving
Contributor II

Carlos, tried CW 10.6 and the install worked... However the CW Updater shows no products installed.

pastedImage_0.png

When I launched the CodeWarrior IDE, it shows that the regservers.bat needs ran to register the components:

pastedImage_1.png

However, when I launch the cwidec.exe from its resident directory: C:\Software\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\eclipse\cwidec.exe I get the app to come up in CodeWarrior Development Studio.

I made a test build which went through (but with typical coding errors at build time)

However, this only gets me the IDE for an EVAL copy. I will resurface on the CW License forum. I need to link this to a float license server to unlock this EVAL copy.

0 Kudos