cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFSTBEB3110 troubleshooting

jcl
Contributor I

HI,

I'm working on a project using for the moment the magnometer MAG3110. i'm using it on the sensor tool box with the appropriate software.

But i can't access to the sensor.

I have this error when i click to E-compass:

NationalInstruments.Common , Version=9.1.40.159, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token= dc6ad60629fc298 has not been found

if you have any idea i'll be glad to try them

by the way this are the more info description (in french [ sorry about that])

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage

juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.1.40.159, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dc6ad606294fc298' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

Nom de fichier : 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.1.40.159, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dc6ad606294fc298'

à NationalInstruments.UI.Internal.ScaleElement.DivisionBase..ctor(Object obj, ScaleElement container, DivisionType divisionType)

à NationalInstruments.UI.ScaleCustomDivision..ctor()

à FXOS8700CQ.FXOS8700CQ_MainForm.InitializeComponent()

à FXOS8700CQ.FXOS8700CQ_MainForm..ctor(BlockingComm& bc)

à FXOS8700CQ.Launcher.evaluationModeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AVT : la journalisation de liaison d'assembly est désactivée.

Pour activer la journalisation des échecs de liaison d'assembly, attribuez la valeur 1 à la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD).

Remarque : une certaine perte de performance est associée à l'enregistrement dans le journal des échecs de liaison d'assembly.

Pour désactiver cette fonctionnalité, supprimez la valeur de Registre [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Assemblys chargés **************

mscorlib

Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

XTRINSIC-ACCEL-MAG-SENSOR-FUSION-DEMO

Version de l'assembly : 6.1.0.2

Version Win32 : 6.1.0.2

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Freescale/Sensor%20Toolbox/SIX_AXIS/XTRINSIC-ACCEL-MAG-SENSOR-FUSION-DEMO.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.resources

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll

NationalInstruments.UI

Version de l'assembly : 9.1.40.204

Version Win32 : 9.1.40.204

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Freescale/Sensor%20Toolbox/SIX_AXIS/NationalInstruments.UI.DLL

AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0

Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Freescale/Sensor%20Toolbox/SIX_AXIS/AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.DLL

Microsoft.DirectX

Version de l'assembly : 1.0.2902.0

Version Win32 : 5.04.00.2904

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Freescale/Sensor%20Toolbox/SIX_AXIS/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL

NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms

Version de l'assembly : 9.1.40.204

Version Win32 : 9.1.40.204

CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Freescale/Sensor%20Toolbox/SIX_AXIS/NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.DLL

mscorlib.resources

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************

Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette

application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur

jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.

L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage

activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées

seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur

plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

troydaniel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello all,

A new version of the Sensor Toolbox (Rev 4.2.1.20) should now be live at www.freescale.com/sensortoolbox (or simply start the STB and you should receive a prompt to update) that includes a fix for this issue.

Regards,

Troy

0 Kudos

ioan
Contributor I

Hello

I have exactly the same problem as described at the top of the thread.

Basically, using MAG3110 on a LFSTBEB3110/LFSTBUSB, I have the same error when i click to E-compass:

[...]Could not load file or...."NationalInstruments.Common , Version=9.1.40.159, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token= dc6ad60629fc298 has not been found [etc etc...]

Additionally, the following applies:

Any hint would be very appreciated. I have just received the kit and it's quite frustrating not being able to access it!

Regards & thanks,

Alexandre.

0 Kudos

troydaniel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lebreton,

Are you using the latest Sensor Toolbox Rev 4.2.1.19? I will see if I can reproduce this issue.

As a workaround If you just want to evaluate the MAG3110 itself, you can start the MAG3110 demo directly by opening MAG3110-EVAL.exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\Sensor Toolbox\MAG3110 rather than using the Xtrinsic Sensor Demonstration (which has some additional information about the MAG, but seems to have a bug currently). Note this is not guaranteed since we have moved to the Xtrinsic demo as our primary demo for the 3110 so I the old demo may also have issues.

Regards,

Troy

0 Kudos

jcl
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for this answer

I tried what you told me

I reinstall sensor toolbox with the latest update. It still didn't work

Then i try to launch the software MAG3110-EVAL.exe. And it didn't work ... the extention on the file in CONFIG and not .exe: i don't know why ...

I tried in a different computer and it works! But i'd like it to work on mine =)

best regards,

0 Kudos

davidzhu-grant
Contributor I

Hi Lebreton and Troy,

I too had this problem, I found that I had to download the e-compass only software (Download Software for eCompass kits RD4247MAG3110 and RD4247FXOS8700 only -- v6.1.0.1), then open the 'setup.exe' once installed and you connect the board it will say that the firmware needs upgrading, it will upgrade the firmware and then you will be able to use the above software.  Also when you run the original software that had the error it will upload firmware automatically and you will be able to use that also.

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos

ioan
Contributor I

David

Thanks. That worked.

It's pretty amazing that the last version (Rev 4.2.1.20) does not solve this issue, in spite of it being known. I would not have had it working without reading your post.

I.

0 Kudos

awidera
Contributor I

Dear troydaniel,

I've installed the "Software for eCompass kits..." and that solved the issue with the missing library but unfortunately now I have another uncaught exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Klasa niezarejestrowana. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

It means "Class is not registered (Exception HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"

Has anybody had such exception? What is the solution here?

MAG3110-EVAL.exe run directly from the Freescale\Sensor Toolbox\MAG3110 path can not connect with the board. It scans COM ports in order to find HW (including the proper COM port), but doesn't connect with the board.

Best,

Anna

0 Kudos

awidera
Contributor I

I solved the problem with the help of my colleague. First we found a computer where the Compass Software was working well. Unfortunately it wasn't my computer, so we still needed to figure out what the configuration difference was. Both computers have Win 7.

In my case the issue was caused because some libraries installed alongside Macromedia Flash Player was missing. This is the version I needed to install: flashplayer11_5r502_149_win.

My colleague discovered that searching through calls to API made by freescale program. He used API Monitor software. First he found out which registry address was being called when the error occured. Next we checked what was at the same address in the another computer's registry.

I swear I would never guess that I should install / update Macromedia Flash to force this software to work. I think that it should be clearly and distinctly stated that Freescale software depends on Macromedia Flash with the proper version number.

I hope it will help others solve a problem, when it occurs.

Best,

Anna

0 Kudos

troydaniel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David and Lebreton.

Yes, this is an issue with a necessary library not being included in the Sensor Toolbox installer package.

The "Software for eCompass kits ..." installer is a Windows installer package so it automatically detects that the library is missing on your PC and installs and registers it (this registering is why the Sensor Toolbox also starts to work after the "kits" installation). The Sensor Toolbox third-party installer (which we use because of many other useful features) does not have this ability and so if we miss a library it just isn't there (hence the error).

I will release a new Sensor Toolbox version that has the currently missing library in the near future.

Regards,

Troy

0 Kudos