AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not able to get the UART interrupt to work

Question asked by Vivek Srinivasan on Apr 22, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 by Alberto Lubeiro

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm using the following board and OS,

Board :     twrk65f180m

OS     :     MQX

I'm trying to get the interrupt to work for my UART. I'm trying to use UART2 for my application.

Without interrupt, I can send data successfully. After I enable the interrupt, I can see that the interrupt is happening. It goes to _int_default_isr(void   *vector_number) in int.c file. Where the vector number reads 0x33 which is the vector number of INT_UART2_RX_TX in the vector table. The interrupt keeps happening continuously which I believe because the interrupt is not serviced. But the weird thing here is that the interrupt starts happening even before I send the data. Is this right?

My second problem is, I want to redirect the interrupt to my own ISR which I tried to do by using _int_install_isr. But the interrupt still goes to _int_default_isr. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Below is my code  :

PORTE_PCR17 = PORT_PCR_MUX(0x3); // UART is alt3 function for this pin

PORTE_PCR16 = PORT_PCR_MUX(0x3); // UART is alt3 function for this pin    

uart_init (UART2_BASE_PTR, 60000, 115200); 

UART_C2_REG(UART2_BASE_PTR) |= UART_C2_TIE_MASK;

UART_C2_REG(UART2_BASE_PTR) |= UART_C2_TCIE_MASK;

_nvic_int_init(INT_UART2_RX_TX, 2, TRUE);

nvic_int_enable(INT_UART2_RX_TX);

_int_install_isr(INT_UART2_RX_TX, CLX_Tx_ISR_Handler_Debug, NULL);

Also, I don't see any examples for UART with interrupts. Can anyone direct me to a UART example using interrupt with MQX?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Vivek

Outcomes