External Interrupt of 9S12DP512

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Interrupt of 9S12DP512

monstor
Contributor II

May I know how many external interrupt would S12DP512 have? Is It only one which called nXIRQ?

If I have need to have more than one external interrupt, should I need to change to use another model?

Any suggestion? Please help.

Many thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Edward is right.

Here is the S12DP512 documentation pack download:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/data_sheet/9S12DP512_ZIP.zip

Unzip it and then, in the 9S12DP512DGV1.pdf find Table 5-1 Interrupt Vector Locations. If you will use any of Port J/P/H pins, see S12DP256PIMV3.pdf document for correct configuration.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

There's a lot of external interrupt inputs. You didn't say whether you need level sensitive interrupt inputs, or edge sensitive interrupt inputs. Number of level sensitive int. inputs is small. There are two dedicated inputs, /IRQ and /XIRQ. But being creative, I think it is possible to use two SCI RxD inputs as level sensitive interrupts.. with some delay. Perhaps PWM emergency shutdown input can be used as level sensitive interrupt input, I'm not sure, please check documentation. Any way, using something like AND gates, or even chip diodes and one pull up resistor, you can easily multiply number of level sensitive interrupt inputs.

And speaking about edge sensitive interrupt inputs, you have many of them. See PORTJ, PORTH, PORTP interrupts. That's up to 8x3 edge sensitive interrupt inputs. There are also 8 timer input pins, which can be easily used as edge sensitive interrupt inputs.

Edward

0 Kudos